Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Book Review: The Infinity Gate

Title: The Infinity Gate
Author: Sara Douglass
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 527

Quality Rating: 9
Content Rating: R

I was a little scared of this book, I admit. The DarkGlass Mountain books were so epic. How could it all come together? I feared she would end it ambiguously, leaving me confused and unsure. I shouldn't have worried. Sara Douglass did not disappoint. In every part of the book, I wondered how this part was not the end - how she would draw it out another four hundred pages - but "draw out" is not the word I would use for how she did it. Every part built into the next. Every moment led us to the end. And she left us with the hint that there could be more books. We could see the return of Axis SunSoar (YES!), and we could see the return of darker forces. She sets up the end for another epic series. I can only hope she actually writes it!

This book is R for use of the f word, fantasy violence, sexual content, and deep betrayals.

No comments:

Post a Comment