Friday, July 30, 2010

Last Day of Work (for the summer)

Today marks my last day of summer.

That's crazy, you say. Summer isn't over. And Georgia Tech doesn't start until August 23rd.

Both counts are true. However, today is my last day of work for the summer. Today, I pack up my Pro/E manuals, shove my work in a file cabinet where it won't be disturbed for the following year, and turn in my flash drive. Today I turn in my badge and say goodbye to the wonderful land of government budget confusion, phenomenal rocketry, and middle aged men (we really need to bring down the average age at my work place, and we need more girls).

For the next three weeks I will be at home with my family, and then its back to the grindstone. I will make every effort to maintain my blogging schedule while at home. When the school year comes around, we will reassess schedules. As a brief stroll though this blog's history will show you, I don't do a very good job of maintaining my blog during the school year. I pretty much don't do a good job of doing anything but schoolwork over the school year. Even my writing falls to the wayside.

Now I'm going to go pack up my cube and begin the dreaded check-out process. I wish you all good luck with your weekends.

Oh, and I'm going to Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure tomorrow. I'll make sure to give you guys a full report next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment