Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trivially Crucial

Remember that not-so sekrit project I mentioned last week? Well, it's finally been unveiled. My friend Michael and I have started a podcast and associated blog called Trivially Crucial! I'm really excited about it, and hope you guys will check it out.

However, I will definitely still be maintaining this blog! Though there is some overlap on the two blogs (since here I blog about almost everything), Trivially Crucial is focused on a more narrow range of things. So I still need this blog to talk about my writing, life, cosplay, geekiness, etc.

So what is Trivially Crucial about?

Well I could write something new and shiny or I can steal the "About Trivially Crucial" I wrote for the site. It's not really stealing if I wrote it.

Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all. –Isaac Asimov
Here at Trivially Crucial, we believe that fiction stories are critical to how people experience and understand the world around them, regardless of the medium. Whether it is the ancient Greeks listening to Homer or the people of today flocking to see the latest Marvel film, stories inform our worldviews. Different tales can have different meanings depending on whether a person is a creator or a consumer, or even depending on a person's current stage of life. We believe that interpretations of stories are, for the most part, equally valid.

Stories have had a profound impact on our lives, and we love to dissect and discuss tales in every medium. Our joy and love of the story is not destroyed by dissecting a story but rather the process of pulling it apart helps us appreciate the art of storytelling. It also makes for interesting discussions when our interpretations of stories vary.

So welcome to Trivially Crucial, where we believe every camera angle, comic pane, word choice, and boss battle is important and critical to our lives no matter how unimportant a story may seem.

So in essence, Trivially Crucial is a podcast/blog about stories. Here when I talk about stories, it's mostly the art of writing or how a story impacted me. At Trivially Crucial we will talk about all sorts of stories, across mediums, not just writing. 

Our first podcast is up, and it's an episode where Michael and I basically talk about what Trivially Crucial is. It's not very long, less than 40 minutes (which is short for a podcast). You should check it out and give it a try. You can find it by clicking this link, where you can subscribe to it via RSS feed or iTunes, or you can search for it in iTunes. 

We also made a "post show" where Michael and I just kept talking after the official podcast is over. It's mostly about the different media we'd consumed (i.e. read/watched/listened) to in the past week. You can find it by clicking this link, where you can subscribe to it via RSS feed or iTunes, or you can search for it in iTunes as well.

I hope you'll check it out! And please do let me know what you think if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment